How To Get MTN Free 10GB Data Working 2020
MTN Nigeria is offering free 10GB data to customers who upgrade their 3G sim to 4G. Remember, MTN was giving bonus 4GB data to users who upgrade their sim to 4G. But now, they have increased it to a whopping 10GB Free data. Good news for MTN users as the giant mobile telecommunications network has decided to make its customers smile this COVID-19 lockdown.
MTN Free 10GB Data Eligibility
The MTN 4G network is available in most locations nationwide, moving from 3G to 4G means better Internet speed. MTN is urging every customer who has not upgraded their sim, to do so now. Well, just as the headline, every MTN user is eligible for the FREE 10GB of data from MTN. This is not a fraud or con, it is 100% legitimate offer from MTN, and there are other benefits.
That’s not all; aside from the free 10GB data, you’ll also enjoy a 100% data bonus for the next three months. Meaning that you can enjoy double (100%) data when you subscribe after you exhaust your MTN Free 10GB data.
This announcement was shared in a tweet by MTN on Tuesday, and the offer is valid for a long time. Given that you are an MTN user, you can enjoy this offer any time, and you don’t need to bother as the offer will remain accessible.
HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR MTN SIM TO 4G To GET MTN FREE 10GB DATA
Upgrading a sim is free.
- Take your MTN sim and alongside its pack and visit any MTN office or Dealer outlet nearest to you.
- But if you don’t have the sim pack, then you require a sworn High Court affidavit as proof of sim ownership.
- Tell them that you want to upgrade your SIM to 4G or do a SIM upgrade.
- Ensure you carry along with you any valid Identity Card (ID card). It can be a Federal ID card, Voters’ Card, Drivers License International Passport or School ID card.
- Let them Register your SIM for the upgrading process. That’s all about that. What’s next? Continue reading as I guide you through.
How To Get MTN Free 10GB Data After 4G Sim Card Upgrade
- After completing the upgrading process, just insert your SIM in a 4G enabled Smartphone.
- Send an SMS with the word “4G” to 131. Alternatively, simply send 4G to 131 using your text message.
- Your MTN SIM will be credited with FREE 10GB data. You will also get 100% data (2X data) deal whenever you subscribe to any MTN data plan.
HOW TO FIND NEAREST MTN OFFICE IN YOUR AREA FOR 4G SIM UPGRADE:
Having problems trying to locate an MTN office or Agent shop nearest to you? No concerns, the following steps will guide you through.
- Dial *123*1*7# and a message will pop up listing MTN offices or Agent shops closest to you. Just select your State and perhaps local government area of your residence.
- If the above doesn’t work, just follow this link: https://www.mtnonline.com/personal/find-a-store/.
- Remember to carry your Valid Identity Card (ID) alongside your MTN Sim Pack whenever you want to upgrade.
THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THE FREE MTN 10GB DATA OFFER
The FREE 10GB MTN data last for one month (30 days). To check data balance, dial *131*4#.
The MTN 10GB Free data can only be used on 4G mode. But the 100% data bonus can be used on any network mode, and on all devices.
The 100% data deal will be enabled on your SIM for the next 3 months. If you have already upgraded your SIM to 4G, you won’t receive the FREE 10GB data. It only works on SIM cards that haven’t been updated, that is, 3G, 2G, EDGE, or below.