AT&T Call Protect is the latest anti-spam feature from America’s
second-largest telecom company AT&T. This anti-spam feature is to stop
spam calls and emails and protect users on the AT&T network.
Call Protect is for postpaid plan users that have HD voice support, it
automatically bars calls from numbers that are reported as fraudulent.
Customers can manually add numbers to the block list for 30 days. Customers
can still get pop notification about calls from the flagged numbers, with
options to pick or decline the call.
Table Of Contents
- 1) FEATURES OF AT&T PROTECT
- 2) HOW TO ENABLE AT&T CALL PROTECT
- 2.1) HOW TO MANAGE AT&T CALL PROTECT OPTION
- 2.1.1) ENABLE AUTOMATIC VOICEMAIL TO UNKNOWN CALLERS
- 2.1.2) ENABLE SPAM RISK CALLS BLOCKING
- 2.1.3) UNBLOCK CALLERS
- 2.1.4) TURN OFF NOTIFICATION
- 2.1.5) REPORT SPAM CALLS ON AT&T APP
- 2.1.6) Enable Siri Shortcuts Blocking (iPhone only)
- 3) THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT AT&T CALL PROTECT
- 4) AT&T Call Protect FAQ
In a press statement given by AT&T senior vice-president on device
and network services marketing, Jeffery Bradley, said;
“Nuisance calls are an industry-wide problem that unfortunately affects many
people. We’ve listened to our customers and know they want a network that
provides tools to proactively assist in blocking nuisance calls. AT&T
Call Protect, along with others, will help put customers more in control of
the calls they receive.”
FEATURES OF AT&T PROTECT
Automatic Fraud Blocking: Detects and automatically blocks incoming calls
from numbers that are reported as spam.
Spam Risks Blocking: Calls that are under the spam list are blocked and/or
sent to the voicemail.
Nuisance Call Warnings: Prewarning of potential disturbing calls, and heads
up about calls from customer services and telemarketers.
Strange Callers: Numbers not in your contact lists are automatically sent to
Personalized Block List: Users have the option to create a custom block
Caller ID: Calls from numbers not in your contact list are identified and
their details sent to you.
- Reverse Number Lookup: provide details all of US numbers.
Custom Call Control: Calls are categorized and users can choose what
category to accept, send to voicemail, or block.
Siri Shortcut: iPhone users can link this feature to Siri Shortcut for
better blocking and reporting of spam calls.
HOW TO ENABLE AT&T CALL PROTECT
The anti-spam feature by AT&T is elementary to activate.
- Simply download the official app from Google PlayStore or Apple iOS Store.
Then enter your wireless number. If you are eligible for AT&T Call
Protect you will get a free text with a pin.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to activate Call Protect.
HOW TO MANAGE AT&T CALL PROTECT OPTION
ENABLE AUTOMATIC VOICEMAIL TO UNKNOWN CALLERS
Numbers not in your contact lists are automatically sent to voice mail.
- Open the app and click Block.
Then click on Unknown Callers and carefully read
through the conditions to use this feature.
- After that, click Send to Voicemail.
Finally, click Enable to consent to the terms.
After which your contact list will automatically start loading.
Do not close the app until you see a prompt “Unknown Callers set to
All numbers you select to block are automatically blocked and will stay
there until you decide otherwise. All other numbers not blocked and not in
your contact list is forwarded to voicemail.
- Your voicemail box must be active for automatic voicemail feature to work.
All changes to your contact list are updated in 24 hours for Android users,
while iOS devices are updated once they open the app.
Once you turn off the automatic voice mail feature, your contact list is
deleted from the AT&T cloud server within 48-hours.
ENABLE SPAM RISK CALLS BLOCKING
- Open the app.
- Tap on Spam Risk.
- Choose between Block or Send to Voicemail.
CREATE AND ADD CALLERS TO A PERSONAL BLOCK LIST ON AT&T APP
- Open the app.
- Tap Block.
- Select My Block List.
- Then tap on Add or ‘+‘
Choose from the following options;
Enter a number: Enter the number of the call if they
are not in your contact list.
Select from contacts: Scroll through your contact list
and add the contact you want to block.
Select from Call Protect all log: View all the numbers
on your call log and pick the one you want to block.
- Enter a number: Enter the number of the call if they
- Open the app.
- Navigate to the Block tab 🚫.
- Locate the number that was blocked.
- Set to Unblock.
TURN OFF NOTIFICATION
- Open the app
- Go to the Options tab.
- Choose settings.
- Locate Blocked Call Notifications and Switch off the toggle.
Go to the iOS Settings,
- Tap on Call Protect.
- Switch off the Allow notifications toggle.
REPORT SPAM CALLS ON AT&T APP
- Open the app.
- Tap on the contact from the call log that you want to blog.
- Select the appropriate call type.
- Describe why you want to report the call.
Enable Siri Shortcuts Blocking (iPhone only)
Siri Shortcut feature allows for;
- Blocking the last caller.
- Reporting a call as spam.
- Reporting a call as a fraud.
To enable this feature first:
Open the app.
- Report a fraudulent call.
- Block a caller.
- Report a spam call.
- Go to the iOS settings and open Siri & Search.
Under the Suggested Shortcuts tab, click on
the ‘+‘ button to add Call Protect shortcut.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to complete the setup.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT AT&T CALL PROTECT
AT&T Call Protect Plus is a paid plan but free for first-time users for
the first 30 days.
- You need wireless service to use Call Protect.
Users on FIRSTNET and AT&T PREPAID are not eligible for this anti-spam
Smartphones but from another Carrier (e.gbVerizon) or directly from the
manufacturer may not be eligible for this feature.
- You can add emergency numbers to your block list.
AT&T Call Protect FAQ
Q: Why did my AT&T Call Protect stop working?
A: Only users with active Postpaid subscription
and LTE service can use the service. If your LTE service is disabled, the Call
Protect feature stops as well and you will have to reactivate it afterward.
Q: Why did my AT&T Call Protect stop working after I move my
A: Call Protect Feature automatically stops working when you move SIM
card to a device that:
- HD Voice is not enabled.
- The device with LTE turned off.
- It does not support HD Voice.
- FirstNet® or a device that uses FirstNet® SIM card.
Q: How do I report wrong called ID on Call Protect?
A: If you get a call and the caller ID is incorrect, take the following
Q: How do I report calls that were incorrectly marked as spam?
A: Use the app to report calls that were wrongly
flagged as spam by selecting the number from your call log. Then click
on Report and following the on-screen prompts.
Q: How do I cancel Call Protect?
A: There are three ways to cancel your subscription:
Note that: If you cancel your AT&T Call Protect account, you will
permanently lose all your data like; settings, block list, and flag contacts.